NATIONAL DESSERT DAY: TOP 3 RECIPES TO SWEETEN YOUR DAY
Time to read 1 min
Time to read 1 min
It's the sweetest day of the year! If you're anything like us, you'll use any reason to hit that sweet spot with a dessert or favourite indulgent snack, and the 14th of October is no exception because it's National Dessert Day!
Whatever your dessert of choice is, whether it be a cheese platter, fruit or yoghurt, decadent choc mud cake, or healthy high protein alternative, we all deserve to give in to our indulgences from time to time! So, to celebrate the sweetest day of the year, we are bringing you three of our favourite healthy dessert recipes from our ASN Life 60 Day Challenge. Enjoy!
100 ml Coconut Yoghurt (Unsweetened/natural)
1 scoop Evolve WPI Protein (40G Serve)
1 tbsp Cacao
1 tbsp Maple Syrup - 100% Pure
50 g Mixed Berries
1. In a bowl, add coconut yoghurt, chocolate, or Choc Honeycomb Evolve WPI, cacao for a richer taste, maple syrup, and mix until combined.
2. Top with berries and enjoy
1.5 tbsp Nuts - Peanut Butter (~20G/0.7oz)
2 cups of Popcorn
1 pinch Salt
1. Add equal amounts of boiling water to peanut butter into a mug and stir until it becomes runny
2. Place popcorn into a bowl and drizzle over warm peanut butter, and season with salt. Stir well.
3. Enjoy while still warm.
2 pc Bread, Mixed Grain & Seeds, Wholemeal (Sliced) or 2 pc Bread, Gluten-free, Mixed Grain (Sliced)
40 g Lotus Biscoff Spread
1 x Egg - Whole (~50G/1.8oz)
50 ml Almond Milk (Unsweetened) or 50 ml Dairy - Milk - (Trim 0.3% Fat)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 pinch Cinnamon
1. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract mixture.
2. Soak the bread in the egg mixture for 1 minute. Any remaining egg mixture can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
3. Heat a medium-sized non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the egg-soaked bread to the pan. Cook for approximately 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
4. Evenly layer the Biscoff Spread over your French Toast and enjoy!
With healthy recipes like these that support your body goals, you sure can have your cake and eat it too! For more information about our ASN Life 60 Day Challenge or the delicious range of recipes included, click here.