Summer Challenge Terms & Conditions
1. The following Terms and Conditions apply to entrants of The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021.
2. By signing up, you agree to be personally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. These Terms and Conditions apply to The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 including the use of the information services provided through this website and in-stores.
4. The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 is conducted by Australian Sports Nutrition Pty Ltd ABN 62 099 524 393 (“ASN” or “the Promoter”) of PO Box 3003, Blacksmiths NSW 2281.
WHO CAN ENTER:
5. The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 is open to Australian residents over the age of 18 years at the time of registration. ASN employees and their families are not eligible for prizes.
HOW TO ENTER:
6. The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 commences at 12.01am Monday January 11th, 2021 and will end 11:59pm March 21st, 2021.
7. Registration for The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 commences at 12.01am Thursday December 10th, 2021 and will close at 11.59PM Sunday January 17th, 2021 (“the Competition Period”). ASN reserves the right to conduct an early and late registration phase during the week before and week after registration begins.
8. Entrants must be an active member of the ASN Life platform and pay the standard monthly membership costs, plus complete a registration form to register for The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 (“the Registration Form”) through an Australian Sports Nutrition retail store or online at https://getstarted.asnlife.com.au/ before 11.59pm Sunday January 17th 2021.
9. Entrants can only enter once using a unique email address in the Registration Form. All entries must be received by ASN during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received within ASN’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrants. ASN accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected Registration Forms, or claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. ASN has no control over mobile telephone communications networks or lines and is not liable for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction, or otherwise. ASN is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified from The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021.
10. Entrants must upload current “before” images of themselves with a “before” poster (“the Before Photos”) via the link provided in The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 dashboard. Entrants may start uploading “before” images from 12:01am January 6th, 2021 and no later than 11:59pm January 20th, 2021.
11. Entrants must upload current “after” images of themselves with an “after” poster (“the After Photos”) via the link provided in The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 dashboard. Entrants may start uploading “after” images from 12:01am March 17th, 2021 and no later than 11:59pm March 31st, 2021.
12. Before Photos and After Photos must be uploaded before the due dates (noted at clauses 10 and 11 above respectively) via the link provided in The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 dashboard to be considered in the running as a “winner”.
13. Entrants are considered official challengers once the entire registration process is completed (they are an active member of the ASN Life platform , the entrant’s Registration Form has been fully completed and submitted pursuant to clauses 6, 7 and 9, Before Photos have been submitted pursuant to clause 10 and After Photos have been submitted pursuant to clause 11 (“the Eligible ASN Challengers”).
PRIZES ON OFFER:
17. The Winners and Runners Up of The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 will be selected from the consortium of Eligible ASN Challengers by a panel of judges derived from the ASN management team (“the Judges”) and will be judged without bias, based on the criteria of the most significant transformation determined by ASN (“the Winners” and “the Runners Up” respectively, which are comprised of the various winners and runners up defined at clause 22 below).
18. Eligible ASN Challengers agree to accept the decisions of the Judges, whose decisions are final and made in their absolute sole discretion. No written reasons and/or correspondence will be provided to Eligible ASN Challengers by the Judges or ASN to justify the Judge’s decisions.
19. Winners and Runners Up MUST have complied with clauses 10 and 11 above to go in the running and be eligible to win The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021. Winners and Runners Up MUST also be Australian residents to be eligible for the prize winnings.
20. The details of the prizes for The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 are as follows:
a. National Winners - 1st Place (1 x Female & 1 x Male) (“the 1st Place Winners”). The 1st Place Winners will be announced anytime on Monday April 12th, 2021 and will each be awarded; a TechnoGym MyRun Treadmill worth $5,500 (The 1st Place Winners, 2nd Place Winners and 3rd Place Winners are collectively referred to as “the Winners and Runners Up”) (The 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize are collectively referred to as “the Prizes”).
b. Runners up – 2nd Place (1 x Female & 1 x Male) (“the 2nd Place Winners”). The 2nd Place Winners will be announced anytime on Monday April 12th, 2021 and will each be awarded; $500 worth of Evolve Supplements and Evolve/ASN merchandise. (The 1st Place Winners, 2nd Place Winners and 3rd Place Winners are collectively referred to as “the Winners and Runners Up”) (The 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize are collectively referred to as “the Prizes”).
c. Runners up – 3rd Place (1 x Female & 1 x Male) (“the 3rd Place Winners”). The 3rd Place Winners will be announced anytime on Monday April 12th, 2021 and will each be awarded; $250 worth of Evolve Supplements andEvolve/ASN merchandise. (The 1st Place Winners, 2nd Place Winners and 3rd Place Winners are collectively referred to as “the Winners and Runners Up”) (The 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize are collectively referred to as “the Prizes”).
d. The Winners and Runners Up accept that the Prizes provided by external parties are the exclusive responsibility of the external parties; and agree that ASN are not held responsible for the engagement or delivery of any products and services that have been offered at the time of The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021.
21. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. ASN accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prizes. Where a Prize is unavailable for any reason and only unavailable, ASN may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by ASN, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each Australian State and Territory, where required.
22. ASN Promoter reserves the right to require Winners and Runners up to sign a deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that ASN deems necessary, provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency, proof of a current and valid ‘full’ Australian driver’s license and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address, sufficient to satisfy ASN in its sole discretion that the Winner and/or Runner Up (as applicable) can claim their Prize. In the event a Winner or Runner Up cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner or Runner Up will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
23. All Winners and Runners Up will be notified of their success via their local Australian Sports Nutrition retail store, ASN website & ASN social media platforms. Winners and Runners Up will also be contacted by phone and email by ASN.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd PRIZES:
24. The 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prizes are subject to the following further conditions:
a. The 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prizes will be issued in the form of Prize Redemption vouchers made available from ASN; and the external parties
b. The Prize Redemption Voucher(s) shall be valid for a period of 12 months only;
c. In the event the Prize Redemption Voucher(s) are not used and/or redeemed within that time (12 months) they shall expire and be of no value at all unless it relates to clause 20d;
d. The 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize Winners may be required to have photos taken when presented with their prize. ASN may use these photos in media and for any other use at their discretion.
e. All supplement packs awarded to winners must be of “exclusive products” only.
DISQUALIFICATION OF ELIGIBLE ASN CHALLENGERS:
25. ASN may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all Eligible ASN Challengers from, and prohibit further participation in The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 by any Eligible ASN Challenger who tampers with, or benefits from any tampering with the entry process, or with the operation of The ASN 10 Week Challenge 2020, or acts in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or acts in a disruptive manner, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass ASN, other Eligible ASN Challengers and/or any other person. Computer generation and use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
WINNERS AND RUNNERS UP MARKETING OBLIGATIONS:
26. The Winners and Runners Up will be listed nationally on the ASN website, marketing material, ASN Facebook page, other ASN social media and in Australian Sports Nutrition retail stores.
27. The Winners and Runners Up agree to and must, when ASN requires, participate in all ASN promotional and editorial activities (including but not limited to, being interviewed, being photographed and other various types of publicity) regarding the winning of the 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize (as applicable) and The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021.
28. The Winners and Runners Up hereby grant ASN a perpetual, irrevocable and exclusive worldwide licence to use their names, footage and images (including Before Photos and After Photos) in all ASN promotional material including but not limited to online social networking sites.
a. The Winners’ and Runners Up’s participation pursuant to clauses 26, 27 and 28 are provided to ASN free of charge.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
29. Entrants and/or Eligible ASN Challengers who have any medical conditions or are taking any medication should check with their health professional/doctor before registering for The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021.
30. Entrants and/or Eligible ASN Challengers should check with a health professional/doctor before using any of the products in the ASN Life Packs and any subsequent supplements purchased.
31. Entrants and/or Eligible ASN Challengers assume all risk of injury, harm or loss of any kind arising from exercise or otherwise during The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021.
32. By registering for the Entrants and/or Eligible ASN Challengers acknowledge that the information and photos provided in their Registration Forms, Before Photos and After Photos may be used for marketing and promotional purposes by ASN.
33. Eligible ASN Challengers are invited to post Before Photos and After Photos on their personal Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and blog pages and other social media.
34. Before Photos and After Photos of Winners and Runners Up may be used for ASN marketing purposes. By accepting the Prize, the Winners and Runners Up irrevocably consent to the perpetual use of their Before Photos and After Photos by ASN for future marketing purposes, without ASN being required to obtain the Winners or Runners Up continued consent.
35. Entrants agree to accept these Terms and Conditions and accept the decisions of the ASN Judges, whose decisions are final. By taking the steps to be an ASN Life Challenger, you confirm that you have read and agree to all Terms and Conditions.
PROBLEMS AFFECTING COMPETITION:
36. If, for any reason, any aspect of The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021, ASN may in its absolute sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE:
37. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purport to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other implied terms, conditions or warranties under other legislation (“the Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
38. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including liability under the Non-Excludable Guarantees, ASN (including its officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including in negligence) for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of profits or any loss of opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) arising directly, indirectly, specially or consequentially, in connection with:
a. The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021 and the entrants’ and ASN Challengers’ participation in The The ASN Life Summer Challenge 2021;
b. the Winners and Runners Up acceptance or use any Prize;
c. the transit of any Prize;
d. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (regardless of ASN’s control);
e. any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
f. any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (regardless of ASN’s control) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of ASN;
g. any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
h. any tax liability incurred by a Winner or Runner Up, entrant or ASN Challenger; or
use of a prize by any Person except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law)