Ready to get your sweat on? Kick yourself into gear with a full body at-home TRX workout!
Join our National Sales Training Manager, Nathan, for a quick, blood pumping 30-minute workout that’s guaranteed to bring the burn!
Directions: Perform all 10 exercises consecutively for 45 seconds as hard as you can, with a 15-second rest in between each exercise. Complete this circuit 3 times, with a 1-minute break in between each round. Your goal? To improve the number of reps you complete in each circuit!
What you’ll need:
- Set the straps of the suspension trainer so it’s mid-height. Grab a handle in each hand and take a step back so your elbows are bent and your arms are tucked beside you, with your legs straight.
- Squat down (as if you’re taking a seat) until the bottom of your thighs are just past parallel (or as far down as you can comfortably and safely go), extending your arms straight and angled towards the ceiling as you squat.
- Drive back up to your starting position, and with your elbows bent, pull the handles towards your body in a row-like motion.
- This is 1 rep complete!
- Grab the handles with each hand and take a large step forward.
- Keeping your body in a straight line and your arms straight, lean forward until your body is at roughly a 40-degree angle.
- Keep your elbows bent and slowly lower your body until your chest is in line with the handles, making sure your movements are controlled.
- Push yourself back up to your starting position. You’ve just completed your 1st rep!
- Hook the TRX cables so they hang roughly 15-20cm off the ground.
- Carefully place your feet in the stirrups so that your toes are facing towards the ground.
- Get down on your forearms and extend your body out straight so you’re parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for 45 seconds, or as long as you can comfortably and safely perform this exercise for. You should feel it working your shoulders and abs. Aim to stay in a straight line.
- With your TRX cables in the same position as when you completed a plank, roughly 15-20cm off the ground, lay on your back and place your feet in the stirrups. This time, have your toes facing towards the ceiling, and your heels comfortably and firmly in the TRX stirrups. Keep your feet close together for the starting position.
- Raise your glutes slightly off the ground and, in a controlled motion, move your feet outwards away from your body so they’re twice shoulder-width apart.
- Hold for 1 second and bring your feet towards each other back to your starting position. This marks 1 rep. Continue this for 45 seconds.
- You should feel the burn in your glutes and potentially your abs too, as you’re trying to stabilise.
- Place the TRX cables at roughly mid-height.
- Take a step back so the TRX is straight and hold each of the handles with your arms extended overhead. Your hands should be roughly shoulder-width apart.
- With your weight over your heels, carefully and slowly squat down as low as you can go, with your thighs past parallel.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds and drive back up to your starting position.
- Keep your hands extended overhead and squeeze your shoulder blades together to feel the burn!
- This is 1 rep complete!
Row Series Low, Medium & High
- For this exercise, you’ll need to change the position of the TRX cables so that you can perform a low, medium and high row.
- Once you’ve adjusted your TRX straps, set your body in a straight line.
- Keep your arms straight and walk your feet forward until there is tension in the straps. This will be your starting position.
- Retract your shoulder blades back and pull your torso towards your hands, keeping your elbows tucked in closely to your body.
- Lower your body back to the starting position and repeat this exercise. This is 1 rep!
- To make the exercise harder, move your feet forward a little bit and to make it easier, move your feet back a little.
- Aim to do an equal amount of reps in a low, medium and high rowing position.
- Adjust the TRX cables so the handles are roughly 15-20cm from the ground.
- Lay on your back and place your heels in the lower straps of the TRX handles.
- Place your arms by your side on the floor and ensure your body is straight.
- Slowly bend your knees and slightly bridge your hips towards the sky in one controlled motion. You should feel this in your glutes and hamstrings.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds. Lower back down to your starting position. 1 rep done!
- Note: If you’re a beginner, you can skip the bridge component of the exercise.
- Hook the TRX cables up high and grab a handle with each hand. Ensure your palms are facing upwards.
- Keeping a straight body, lean back with your arms fully extended. The TRX cables should also be fully extended.
- Bend your elbows and lock them in roughly shoulder-width apart and positioned in front of your chest. Slowly curl yourself towards the handles, with your palms in front of your face.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds. Lower yourself back down. 1 rep down!
- Take a step back and stand up straight. Grab a TRX handle with each hand and tilt your body so it’s slightly angled back.
- For the starting position, your arms should be raised above your head with your elbows bent outwards (as if you’re going to do a shoulder press).
- Holding the cables, extend your arms out straight above your head. This is one rep.
- Keep your core activated and continue this exercise for 45 seconds.
- Hang the TRX cables above you so the handles hang down (roughly just above your waist).
- Grab each of the handles, with your palms facing downwards.
- Keeping your body straight, carefully lean forward so that your body is at a 50-degree angle from the floor.
- Your arms should be angled out in front of you, slightly above eye level (while holding the TRX cables).
- In a controlled movement, bend your elbows so that your body and your hands are simultaneously moving toward each other. Aim for your head to be in line with your hands, while keeping your body straight.
- Hold the pose for 1-2 seconds. This is 1 rep complete!
- Continue for 45 seconds.
Have a 1 minute rest before starting your next round!